Distressed Institution Assistance
Responding to a regulatory enforcement action is the most significant challenge a financial institution can face.
It can also be an opportunity to implement important changes which many times have been a long time coming. If properly managed, objectively resolving enforcement proceedings can result in a stronger, more credible, and more viable institution, with enhanced potential for sustained long-term growth and earnings in a managed risk environment.
Addressing the requirements of the enforcement action, and correcting problems cited in the Report of Examination must be the critical priority for the board and management.
The key lies in managing the process and the the key objective is to get back to the business of banking as soon as possible.
To help financial institutions address regulatory enforcement actions, as well as earnings performance, lending and problem asset issues, Abound offers the following services:
- Board of Director Assessment
- Management Assessment
- Organizational and Staffing Studies
- Earnings Evaluation and Improvement Planning
- Strategic Business Planning
- Capital Planning
- Liquidity and Funding Planning
- Credit Administration and Risk Management Reviews
- Problem Loan Workout and Credit Risk Mitigation Plans
- Risk Management Assessment and Risk Organization Design
- Internal Control Improvement
- Internal Audit Review and Improvement
- Compliance Management Review and Improvement
- BSA/AML “Lookbacks”
- Fraud investigation and Forensic Auditing